WindowShade X is a window manager to make managing work on your Mac easier.
It gives you far more control over how windows act when they are minimized, closed, moved and all round window management. WindowShade X allows you to assign new actions to the minimize button or by double-clicking on the window title. For example, you can minimize the window to the Dock, "Windowshade" a window into a tiny strip to get it out of the way.
Other possibilities including making a window transparent, making a window float on top, instantly hiding applications and a simple "Do nothing" action which prevents you from minimizing or closing windows accidentally. Note that you need Rosetta installed for WindowShade X to work properly.
However, be warned that WindowShade X is what's know as a Haxie application - a term invented by Unsanity (the developers of WindowShade X) to describe an application which makes fundamental changes to your Mac system. You may have problems removing it afterwards as a result and there is a lot of controversy as to whether it's an ethical and even legal way to develop software on the Mac.
WindowShade X is a handy application but just be sure you definitely want it before installing as you may have problems removing it.
- You may have to restart after installing WSX for the first time.
- Addresses many parent-child relationship problems.
- If a window is minimized (collapsed) and it suddenly gets a child window, the window will expand automatically. For example, collapse Safari then press Command L (to go to the location bar). Safari will expand itself.
- No longer attempts to make a child float on top.
- Lots of other parent-child relationship fixes.
- Removed some spurious logging errors when EyeTV's setup assistant was closed.